Director, Communications – Toronto
Toronto’s fastest growing public affairs firm is recruiting an experienced Communications Professional to join Global’s expanding Communications Practice.
The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, well-organized, pro-active, strategic, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and have a minimum of 10 years’ working experience in the field of communications.
We are looking for someone who is outgoing, client service-oriented, organized when dealing with all kinds of projects, and enjoys working in a fast-paced team atmosphere. Experience working with communications, such as digital communications, media relations or issues management is required.
Reporting to the Vice President, Strategic Communications, this position offers a positive work environment and the opportunity to grow a business and collaborate with colleagues across the country.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include reference number: Communication-2004 in your subject heading and cover letter. In addition, please include salary expectation in your cover letter. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will receive a call back for interviews.
Global is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Please advise if accommodations are required to submit your resume.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading the strategic direction, tactics, and execution of client files with the communication team
- Organize and implement offerings for clients in strategic communications, media relations, digital and social media as well as crisis communications and issues management
- Manage the direct relationships with clients and the administration of business arrangement
- Support the strategic direction of the communications practice and aide in its growth path and its external marketing activities
- Work to develop business relationships for the communications practice to achieve its ambitious growth targets
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant background in communications, media relations, digital and social media campaigns and issues management
- 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter, with the ability to think strategically and deliver results with integrated communications
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with a keen attention to detail
- Creative abilities and strong understanding of the social and digital media landscape
- Experience in managing or crafting social media strategies, including paid marketing
- Understanding of the media landscape in various sectors trends, with focus on monitoring and analytics tools
- Strong presentation skills with experience media training or as a communications advisor
- Business development acumen, with experience in written RFP submissions
- Ability to multi-task and be results oriented, sometimes under time pressures
Strong inter-personal skills with a client-service focus
- Excellent time-management skills, ability to organize work-flow and accountable to deadlines
- Agency experience is an asset
About Global Public Affairs
Global Public Affairs is Canada’s largest privately-owned public affairs firm. With offices across the country, we work with an ever-expanding list of Canadian and international clients in multiple aspects of their business, providing comprehensive strategic government relations and communications counsel and services – from research and strategy development to full project implementation. Whether through government advocacy, managing a crisis or conducting community consultation, pursuing the many elements of effective public affairs is fundamental to the success of any organization. Tailoring our approach to meet our clients’ needs is fundamental to the success of any public affairs strategy. From our inception in 1995, we have built a solid track record of helping organizations of all sizes, and in a variety of sectors, meet their business objectives. Our guiding principle, From Insight to Impact, is at the heart of our work.