Director – Cultural Industries – Ottawa – Toronto
Canada’s largest public affairs firm is recruiting an experienced and passionate Director, Cultural Industries to join Global’s national Cultural Industries practice.
The ideal candidate will be passionate, entrepreneurial, well-organized, pro-active, strategic, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and have a minimum of 10 years’ working experience in the field of Canada’s arts and culture policy and regulatory landscape.
We are looking for someone who is outgoing, client service-oriented, organized when dealing with all kinds of projects, and enjoys working in a fast-paced team atmosphere. Experience working with stakeholders in the arts and culture community and an understanding of key policy files such as funding for arts and culture operations and infrastructure and other key cultural policy files is required. We are seeking someone who may have a recent political background supporting the sector or perhaps experience working in the sector directly.
Reporting to Senior Vice President, Ottawa this position offers a positive work environment and the opportunity to grow a business and collaborate with colleagues across the country.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include reference number: Corp–3200 in your subject heading and cover letter. In addition, please include salary expectation in your cover letter. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will receive a call back for interviews.
Global is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Please advise if accommodations are required to submit your resume.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Leading the strategic direction, tactics, and execution of client files within the Cultural Industries team
- Organize and implement offerings for clients in such as Committee appearances, funding applications, regulatory briefs, strategic outreach and advocacy campaigns.
- Manage the direct relationships with clients and the administration of business arrangement
- Support the strategic direction of the practice and aide in its growth path and its external marketing activities
- Work to develop business relationships for the practice to achieve its ambitious growth targets
Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant background in the arts and culture community, its policy and regulatory files.
- A keen understanding of the economic challenges of the sector and political dynamic that resides between the federal and provincial government(s) for these files.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience and a master’s degree in fine arts, business, political science, management or related disciplines.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, passionate, self-starter, with the ability to think strategically and deliver results with integrated communications
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with a keen attention to detail
- Creative abilities and strong understanding of the social and digital media landscape
- Experience in managing complicated policy campaigns and legislative issues.
Understanding of Canada’s cultural landscape in various sectors trends
- Strong presentation skills with experience
- Business development acumen, with experience in written RFP submissions
- Ability to multi-task and be results oriented, sometimes under time pressures
- Experience in managing teams and coordinating direct reports and indirect team members.
- Strong inter-personal skills with a client-service focus
- Excellent time-management skills, ability to organize work-flow and accountable to deadlines
- Agency experience is an asset
About Global Public Affairs
Global Public Affairs is Canada’s largest privately-owned public affairs firm. With offices across the country, we work with an ever-expanding list of Canadian and international clients in multiple aspects of their business, providing comprehensive strategic government relations and communications counsel and services – from research and strategy development to full project implementation. Whether through government advocacy, managing a crisis or conducting community consultation, pursuing the many elements of effective public affairs is fundamental to the success of any organization. Tailoring our approach to meet our clients’ needs is fundamental to the success of any public affairs strategy. From our inception in 1995, we have built a solid track record of helping organizations of all sizes, and in a variety of sectors, meet their business objectives. Our guiding principle, From Insight to Impact, is at the heart of our work.