Associate Consultant – Toronto
Toronto’s fastest growing public affairs firm is recruiting an Associate Consultant to join Global’s Toronto office.
The ideal candidate will be well-organized, pro-active, strategic thinker, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and have a minimum 1-2 years working or intern experience in the field of government, public policy, or communications.
We are looking for someone who is a team player, client service-oriented, organized when dealing with all kinds of projects, and enjoys working in a fast-paced team atmosphere. Previous experience working in the field of transportation and infrastructure is considered an asset.
Reporting to the Vice President of the practice group this position offers a positive work environment and the opportunity to be part of a growing team and collaborate with colleagues across the country.
Global is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include salary expectation in your cover letter. Please include reference number TO-2006 in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
No phone calls please.
Only qualified candidates will receive a call back for interviews.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the strategic direction, development of tactics, and execution of client files with the Toronto office team
- Support in drafting client materials to support government relations and communications campaigns
- Ability to work alongside the team to develop integrated government relations and communications plans for clients and execute on ambitious mandates
- Ability to manage and organize work-flow to support the clients business objectives
- Support the strategic direction of the Toronto office and aide in its growth path and its external marketing activities
- Support the business development activities of the team, including writing proposals, responding to RFP’s and participating in pitches
- Prepare early drafts of briefing materials, presentations, target lists and communications products
- Willingness to engage with external stakeholders (e.g. political staff, government officials, media) to gather information and facilitate meeting coordination for clients as directed and as part of a collaborative team outreach approach
Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant background in government relations
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Understands legislative and parliamentary process
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter, with the ability to think strategically and deliver results with complex projects
- Excellent written communications skills with a keen attention to detail
- Well‐spoken and can communicate clearly through verbal and written communication with a variety of audiences.
- Ability to manage events such as virtual meetings, advocacy/roundtables and lobby days
- Ability to prepare written submissions and RFP submissions
- Ability to multi-task and be results oriented, sometimes under time pressures
- Strong inter-personal skills with a client-service focus
- Excellent time-management skills, ability to organize work-flow and accountable to deadlines
- Agency experience is an asset
- Website and WordPress experience is an asset
ABOUT GLOBAL PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Global Public Affairs is a privately-held Canadian firm providing integrated government relations, strategic communications and issues management consulting services that enable clients to successfully navigate increasingly complex public policy and business environments. With offices across the country, Global helps Canadian and international organizations address issues, manage risk, enhance their reputations, and find common ground with stakeholders.
From Insight to Impact is our guiding principle. Our goal is to help our clients meet their business objectives. It starts with clearly and concisely articulating an issue or point of view convincingly, ensuring that it is understood and taken into account by those that matter most.