Associate Consultant, Communications – Toronto
Toronto’s fastest growing public affairs firm is recruiting an aspiring Communications Professional to join Global’s expanding Communications Practice.
The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, well-organized, pro-active, strategic, possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
We are looking for someone who is outgoing, client service-oriented, organized when dealing with all kinds of projects, and enjoys working in a fast-paced team atmosphere.
Experience working with in communications, specifically digital communications is an asset.
Reporting to the Director of Communications in Toronto, this position offers a positive work environment and the opportunity to grow a business and collaborate with colleagues across the country.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include reference number: Communication-2003 in your subject heading and cover letter. In addition, please include salary expectation in your cover letter. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will receive a call back for interviews.
Global is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Please advise if accommodations are required to submit your resume.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the strategic direction, development of tactics, and execution of client files with the communication team
- Support in drafting communications materials to support digital and social media campaigns
- Ability to work alongside the communications team to develop integrated strategic communications plans for clients and execute on ambitious mandates using various communications tools, insights and analytics to measure success
- Understanding of the media landscape and ability to track and report media developments and monitor media outcomes for our clients.
- Experience in creative tools for social and digital campaigns is an asset and the ability to assist with creative development.
- Ability to manage and organize work-flow to support the clients business objectives
- Support the strategic direction of the communications practice and aide in its growth path and its external marketing activities
- Supporting the business development activities of the communications group, including writing proposals, responding to RFP’s and participating in pitches.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Some experience in communications, media relations, digital and social media campaigns and issues management is an asset with an emphasis on digital and social media.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter, with the ability to think strategically and deliver results with integrated communications
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communications skills with a keen attention to detail
- Creative abilities and understanding of the social and digital media landscape including photo and video editing, social platforms and webinar platforms.
- Understanding or interest in the media landscape with an understanding of how to monitor media in various channels and tools and reporting. Experience in media monitoring reporting is considered an asset.
- Ability to multi-task and be results oriented, sometimes under time pressures
- Strong inter-personal skills with a client-service focus
- Excellent time-management skills, ability to organize work-flow and accountable to deadlines
- Agency experience is an asset
About Global Public Affairs
Global Public Affairs is Canada’s largest privately-owned public affairs firm. With offices across the country, we work with an ever-expanding list of Canadian and international clients in multiple aspects of their business, providing comprehensive strategic government relations and communications counsel and services – from research and strategy development to full project implementation. Whether through government advocacy, managing a crisis or conducting community consultation, pursuing the many elements of effective public affairs is fundamental to the success of any organization. Tailoring our approach to meet our clients’ needs is fundamental to the success of any public affairs strategy. From our inception in 1995, we have built a solid track record of helping organizations of all sizes, and in a variety of sectors, meet their business objectives. Our guiding principle, From Insight to Impact, is at the heart of our work.